This is one of the manga curry, easiest recipes to make, but somehow, however much I know this, it always surprises me. Not in the cooking, so much as in the eating. And because it’s so satisfying and flavorful, I think it would be especially great for hosting as it’s sure to please even the heartiest eaters.
- 3 Pacha Manga /Raw Green Mango
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 1 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 3-4 Green Chilly (split lengthwise)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Ginger Piece Thinly Sliced
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Sprigs of Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp. Red Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut mango into small pieces discarding the skin.
- Heat a wok or deep pan, add oil. Once oil is heated add mustard seeds. Add sliced onion when mustard seeds finish cracking, with this add ginger, garlic, green chilies and curry leaves. Do not wait to change the color.
- Now add Coriander Powder, Red Chili powder and Turmeric Powder, add a dash of water so that the masala does not get burned. Cook slightly so that the row smell will change 1 or 2 minutes only.
- Add sliced mango and little water for mango to cook. (Note: If you are using coconut milk extracted form coconut then you can use the 3rd and 4th milk.)
- When mango is cooked and water is absorbed you can add the coconut milk. When it starts to boil, remove from the fire (Note:Don’t allow boiling).
Garnish it with curry leaves and fried green chilies if needed. . Delicious Raw Mango curry /Pacha manga curry is ready to serve.
Serve with boiled rice and fish fry& Enjoy!