Vegetable Kurma is a delicious, yet a simple easy to make dish. It is a very popular restaurant recipe in South India.
Vegetable Kurma is a stew of assorted veggies simmered in a thick spicy coconut based gravy which pairs well with Parotta ,Poori, Chappathi, Appam, Idiyappam or with any kind of Indian Bread.
- 100 gms. Carrot
- 50 gms. Beans
- 100 gms. Cauliflower
- 50 gms. Green Peas ( I used frozen)
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Oil (or any oil)
- 1 tsp. Ginger finely chopped
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 4 Green Chilies sliced lengthwise
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 15 gms Cashew nut
- 2 Green chilies
- 1 Tomato cut
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 4 Small onion/ Chuvannulli
- Few Curry leaves
- Coriander/Cilantro for garnish
- Cut vegetables in cubes mix with green peas and keep it aside.
- In a mixer grind coconut, fennel seeds, and cashew nut and green chilies to paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add Onion, Ginger and Green Chilies and cook for some time.
- Add turmeric powder and mix. To this add the vegetables and cook.
- Once the vegetable is cooked add the coconut paste, tomato and salt. Add water if required and cook well and turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in another pan add small onions and curry leave and fry. Pour this over the prepared vegetable.
- Remove it to a serving bowl, garnish it with Coriander/Cilantro and serve.