It’s an all-time favorite combination, in an all-time favorite form! Potatos and cauliflower feature in a traditional curry seasoned with typical Indian spices and ingredients like ginger, green chilies and garlic for this aromatic dish. Aloo gobi is a popular Punjabi recipe that’s made even more globally known by Indian restaurants. It’s a dry side dish prepared with Gobi (cauliflower) and Aloo (potato) with some spices.
Aloo Gobi Recipe
- 250 gms. Potato, peeled and cut into wedges (app 2 medium)
- Cauliflower Florets
- 200 gms. onion chopped (app 3 medium)
- 120 gms. tomato chopped(app 1)
- 1 tsp. ginger and garlic paste (or ½ tsp. each)
- ½ tsp whole garam masala
- ½ tsp jeera/cumin
- Few vattal mulaku/dry red Chili
- ½ turmeric powder
- ½ red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Sliced Ginger for garnish
- Sliced Green Chilies for garnish
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and whole garam masala, jeera and dry chili and fry.
- Add the chopped onions till golden brown.
- To this add the ginger, garlic paste, turmeric and chili powder sauté until fragrant (about 2 mins).
- Add 100 ml of water to this, with the potatoes and cauliflower cover and cook on lowest heat, covered, mixing now and then so the vegetable pieces don’t burn.
- When the vegetables are done, add the tomato, garam masala and salt, mix again. Cook again for 3 to 4 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, ginger juliennes and green chilies.