When I 1st saw these coconut cupcakes, I know I am going to bake it. I can imagine the fragrant of coconut for these cupcakes coconut lovers definitely cannot resist the temptation. Its soft and chewy which is smoothen in jam and roll it in coconut powder.
I love that soft cake and that sweet jam given extra texture and flavor by desiccated coconut.
- 150 gms. All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 120 gms. Butter
- 120 gms. Powdered Sugar
- 40 gms. Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Medium Eggs
- Few drops Vanilla Essence
- ¼ cups Milk or as required
- 200 gms. Jam
- 100 ml Water
- Desiccated Coconut as required
- Cherrie for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift flour(Maida), salt and Baking powder together for 2 – 3 times
- In a bowl beat the butter until soft, add powdered sugar, mixture until light and fluffy.
- Add desiccated coconut and mix.
- Now add lightly beaten egg vanilla mix and mix.
- Gradually fold in the sifted flour and milk as required.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the molds/cupcake tin so that 2/3 of the mold is filled with the mixture.
- Put the cupcake tin on a baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for 20-22 mins. Cool in the tins for 10 mins, then carefully ease cakes out with a palette knife. Cool on a wire rack.
- Heat the jam and water in a small pan. Bring to the boil for 1 min.
- Put a cake on a fork and brush it all over with the hot jam, then roll it in the coconut on a plate.
- Decorate with a cherry. Repeat with remaining cakes.