These delicious pancakes are light and moist; the texture is so beautiful. Avoid over mixing the batter (it’s okay if there are lumps) to ensure that the pancakes will be airy.
Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 tbs. Sugar
- 1 tbs. Baking powder
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 1 ¼ cups Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
- Butter for pan as required
- Sift flour, baking powder and the salt, mix with sugar using a whisk, in a medium bowl.
- Warm milk in microwave or on top of stove until lukewarm, not hot (you should be able to keep your finger submerged for 10 seconds).
- Mix Butter in to the warm milk.
- Whisk milk mixture and egg, then vanilla extract until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour milk mixture into the well and use a fork to stir until you no longer see clumps of flour.
- Heat a large skillet or a pan over medium heat.
- Lightly brush skillet with melted butter, spoon batter onto skillet. Gently spread the batter.
- When edges look dry and bubbles start to appear and pop on the top surfaces of the pancake, turn over. This takes about 2 minutes. Once flipped, cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked in the middle.
- Serve immediately with warm syrup, butter and/or berries.