We love this recipe, I have made this cake 4 times now and it’s a winner every time! This cheesecake is easy to make and will impress your guests! Only thing it has to be prepared ahead to get good result.
For the base
- 100 gm. powdered digestive biscuits
- 50 gm. butter
- 50 gm. roasted almond powder
- 1 tbsp. gelatin
- 3 tbsp. water
- 100 gm. fresh cream
- 3 tbsp. cream cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 50 gm. icing sugar
- Melted chocolate or chocolate sauce for garnish
- For the base, crumb together the biscuits, butter and the almond powder
- Cover the bottom of the cheesecake mold with this base mix and press it down well
- Keep in the fridge to set for 30 minutes
- Place the gelatin and water in a bowl and then melt the gelatin by keeping this bowl in another vessel with hot water
- Mix together the cream, cream cheese and the melted gelatin
- Beat the eggs until fluffy and to this, add the icing sugar and the cream mix very slowly to avoid it getting lumpy
- Pour this over the biscuit base and keep in the fridge to set again
- Once the cake is set remove it from mold. This has to be kept in fredge at least a day.
- While serving, decorater it with chocolate sauce.