Chicken Badami has an extremely delicious and appealing dish. This rich Chicken dish is made with a combination of Almonds and cashew paste with yoghurt and finished it off with coconut cream. The whole spices toasted in the skillet, browned onions, wonderful!!! This is an easy recipe which can be prepared in quick time, yet flavors are prominent and pleasing….
- 1 kg Chicken
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 6 Onions
- 1 piece Ginger
- 10 Claws Garlic
- 6 Cloves
- 2 pieces Cinnamon
- 6 Cardamom
- 10 Cashew
- 10 Almonds/Badam
- 1 cup Coconut Cream/milk
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp. Kashmiri Chili powder
- ½ cup Fresh Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Cut chicken into medium pieces, wash and keep it aside.
- Grind and make a paste of Almonds and Cashews
- In a pan add the Cloves, Cinnamon and Cardamom and dry roast. Grind make powder and keep it. (do not burn)
- Make paste of ginger and garlic.
- Slice onion in to thin pieces.
- In a deep pan add oil and heat it. Add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry. Add the ground almond and cashew paste, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom powder till the oil separates.
- Now add the yogurt and chicken pieces, salt turmeric powder and chili powder as required.
- Cook in low heat till chicken is cooked well.
- Once chicken is cooked well and water is socked add coconut milk or cream.
- When it starts to simmer remove it from fire.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro serve with pulav or roti varieties.
Garnish with fresh herbs and almond flakes as you wish. Serve hot with buttered Naan/or any flat bread or over steamed basmati rice/vegetable pulao.