Seekh Kababs are delicious, juicy kebabs which can be made with any minced meat you like. It is spicy kabab made from a smooth mixture of minced meat and spices. These can be a nice appetizer when it is serve them with green Mint-Coriander Chutney and also a side dish to the main meal like Roti, Nan, Pita bread, Rice etc . . It can be either grilled over a bbq or baked in the oven or pan-fried on the stove-top.
- 500 grams. Beef/Mutton/Lamb minces
- 2 tbsp. Onions Chopped
- 2 tsp. Ginger chopped
- 2 tsp. Green Chilies
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper powder
- ¼ cup. Chopped Coriander
- ¼ cup. Chopped Mint Leaves
- 3 tbsp. Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- Little Tandoori Red Color (Optional)
- Onion Rings and Lemon Wedges for garnish.
- Wash and then squeeze out any excess moisture from the mince.
- In a food processor mince onions, ginger, green chilies, black pepper, chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add Meat mince to this and mince all together.
- Add bread crumbs, egg slightly beaten, lemon juice, and salt and garam masala. Mix again for few more minutes or until everything is combined well. This can be done using hand also. But ensure everything is properly combined. If the mixture is a bit sticky, add 1 more tbsp. of the breadcrumbs.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- When ready to shape the kebabs on the skewers and it on a grill pan or directly on the flame.
- Garnish it with onion rings and lemon wedges. Serve hot with dips.