Masala Pulao is an easy rice recipe which can either used as one pot meal or can accompany with any side dish in a get together or a party at home, this simple pulao makes best combo with any dish a salad and papad. Pulao is one such dish which can make in jiffy and also do lot of variations with it.
- 1 ½ cups Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp. Ghee (or 1 tbsp. Ghee and 1 tbsp. oil)
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 tsp. Ginger Chopped
- 2 tsp. Garlic Chopped
- 1 tsp. Green Chilli Chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tomato Sliced
- 1 Cup Vegetables Cooked(Carrot, Green Peas, Beans, Cauliflower any or all)
- ½ Fried Sliced Onion
- 1 tsp, Cashew Fried in Ghee
- 1tsp Raisons Fried in Ghee
- 1 tsp Coriander Leaves
- Sock rice in water for 30 minutes, drain and keep it a side.
- Boil water pan, water should be 4 times more than rice. Once water boils add salt to it and adjust taste.
- Add rice to the boiling water and let it cook. When cooked drain and keep it aside.
- In a big pan add ghee or oil or both. To this add onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies till onion turns brown.
- To the browned onion mixture add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste. Fry for few minutes. Do not burn the masala.
- Now add the sliced tomato and cook, add little water at this point so that masala does not get burned.
- To this add cut washed and drained vegetables, cook till vegetables are tender. Adjust the salt.
- Once vegetables are done add the cooked rice and mix well add few drops of water if needed. Cover the lid and cook for some time. Remove from fire.
- Remove it in to a serving plate garnish with fried onion, cashew and raisons and coriander leaves
- Serve hot with raitha, pickle and papad.