Palak Gosht/ Saag Gosht is a wonderfully aromatic curry especially for those who love both lamb and spinach. It is a delicious blending of tender succulent pieces of mutton and the sauce is thickened nicely in spinach gravy.
- 2 bunch Spinach/Palak
- 500 grams Mutton cut in to pieces
- 3 tbsp. Oil
- 2 Onions, Finely Chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tbsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp. Cumin Powder
- 2 Tomatoes, Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean spinach and mutton well and keep it a side.
- Boil water add a pinch of turmeric powder; add spinach leaves to the boiling water. Drain spinach and grind to make fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped onions and cook till translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger and green chilies paste and chopped tomatoes. Sauté again till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Now add the garam masala powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Sauté again.
- At this stage, add the lamb pieces and cook in medium flame. Add water and salt, cover with lid and cook until meat is tender and cooked well. This can be done in pressure cooker.
- Once the meat is tender and cooked, add spinach paste and cook again for another couple of minutes. Adjust salt.
- Garnish with some fresh cream before serving.
- Saag Gosht is ready.