Do you have some over-ripe bananas languishing in your fruit bowl just like mine? Don’t throw them away when you can make nice banana cake with it. This cake is a simple, easy to make yet moist and aromatic.
- ½ cup Butter/Margarine
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 ½ Cup of Self-raising Flour
- 2 Egg
- 3 Ripe Banana
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a sturdy fork until completely smooth.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, and then mix it with eggs.
- Mix mashed banana and vanilla extract to the wet mixture
- Add self-raising flour and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- When the cake is done, an inserted toothpick or fork should come out clean from the center.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve.