I started cooking pasta because it’s my kid’s favorite. I used to rely on store brought pasta sauce in the beginning. Then I started reading different recipes, experimenting. In any pasta recipe it is really the sauce that makes the difference. Sometimes there is a need of a little alteration; everything we make should match our palate. That’s what this recipe is. It’s a basic meat sauce recipe that has ground beef in tomato sauce. It’s very tasty, I promise!
- 500 grams Penne Pasta Cooked
- 500 grams. Ground Beef
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 8 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Green bell pepper Chopped
- 5 Tomatoes Chopped
- 1/3 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp. Chilli Paste
- 2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Crushed Black Pepper
- In a large saucepan combine ground beef and cook till meat turn brown.
- Add onion, garlic, tomato and green pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender and all the moister is gone.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste and chilli paste into the pan and cook for some time.
- Add seasoning, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Add water if required.
- Simmer spaghetti sauce for 1 hour, stirring occasionally
- Add Parmesan cheese and remove from fire.
- Heat another pot; add 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Drop in 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, stir in pasta and 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese.
- Place this in a serving dish, top it with prepared sauce, garnish with cheese and serve.