Panna cotta is otherwise called as cooked cream. It’s a simple and beautiful desserts. It can be flavored with anything you like, from vanilla or any kinds of fruits to chocolate and coffee. Making desserts is nothing less than art. You need little patience and practice.With this recipe you can definitely win your family and friends!
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2 tsp. Gelatine
- 400 ml Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
- 6 tbsp. Sugar
- Raspberry preserve/jam
- Pour the milk in a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatine and keep without moving for 5 minutes.
- Bring the saucepan to medium or low heat, stir for a couple of minutes till the gelatine is fully dissolved.
- Add in the cream, sugar and vanilla essence, leave it on a medium to low heat and bring to a simmer. As soon as the cream mixture simmers, take it out of the heat immediately keep stirring.
- When it is cooled, pour the cream mixture into individual moulds that have been previously rinsed in cold water.
- Place your moulds in the fridge to set overnight.
- If you want to layer then. I have used strawberry gelatine.
- Prepare strawberry gelatine as per packet instruction.
- Once strawberry layer is set then only, add the cream layer to the glass.
- Cover remaining cream and set aside (keep at room temperature).
- Refrigerate the glass until cream (panna cotta) layer is set, about 1 hour or more.
- Repeat layering with remaining strawberry and cream layer, waiting an hour in between. If you are in a hurry do not try layering.
- Can be made 2-3 days in advance.