What to say about this tutti fruity cake, it’s crunchy from outside and soft and moist inside. Those chewy candied peel here and there is a delight. This is a simple and straightforward recipe any one can make.
Tutti Fruity Cake Recipe
- ½ cup Tutti Fruity
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Butter (at room temperature)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- 400 grams Condensed Milk
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg White
- ¼ tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and butter a 12-inch loaf pan
- Cream the butter, add Milkmaid and whisk well.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add milk and whisk till smooth.
- Combine refined flour and baking powder separately.
- Mix tutti fruity with flour mix.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and slowly fold in to mix well.
- Pour batter into the buttered mould filling ¾ and tap lightly.
- Place the mould in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or till done.
- To make royal icing, take icing sugar in a bowl. Add lime juice to it and mix, add egg white gradually, do not put the whole thing, whisk well.
- Remove cake from heat, demould and cool to room temperature.
- Place the cake on a serving dish. Spread royal icing on top, icing will take time to set, once icing is set slice it and serve.