Paneer is the main vegetarian protein eaten in India and it is a perfect foil for Indian flavours. Paneer is prepared by adding food acid, such as lemon juice, vinegar, citric acid or yogurt, to hot milk to separate the curds from the whey Ref.
In this dish paneer, paneer cubes marinated with simple ingredients like honey, chilli and garlic and grilled along with vegetables. Paneer barbecue will be a nice dish for BBQ parties and dinner parties and also can be served as a snack. Only thing to keep in mind is that paneer is very delicate and soft. I have other paneer dishes like Chikki Porichathu, Cucumber Paneer Sandwich, Matar Paneer
As climate is better here in Abu Dhabi it’s nice to spend time outside, and so is the idea of BBQ.
- 250 Grams Paneer (diced into cubes)
- 3 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Chilli Paste
- Yogurt as (required to coat)
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Cup Pepper, (Red, Green and Yellow as Required) (diced into cubes)
- 1 Onion (diced into cubes)
- Mix homey, garlic paste, chilli powder, yogurt, salt to taste and oil together.
- Toss paneer in this marinade, coat well and keep it a side for some time.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using
- Pierce paneer, pepper and onion onto skewers
- Heat a grill pan or tava, grease with little oil or butter. Cook the skewers until gently browned around the edges. OR
- Cook the skewers under a hot grill until gently browned around the edges.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of lemon juice