Fitter is nothing but vegetables, meat, seafood or even fruits mixed in a batter and fried. It can be deep-fried, pan-fried or shallow-fried. Fritters are extremely popular as snacks in India and are commonly referred to as pakora or bhajji. The Banana fritters (pazham pori), onion bhaji (ulli vada) are some of the fritters we usually make at home.
Spinach and feta fritters are made with the Spinach and feta along with an egg and enough flour to hold them together. Then some flavoring is added to keep things interesting and then the fritters are fried until crispy and golden brown on the outside. With just a few minutes of prep time followed by some mixing and a few minutes of frying you have some really tasty spinach and feta fritters will please your taste buds!
Spinach and Feta Fritters with Avocado Salad Recipes
- 1 bunch Spinach (blanched, roughly chopped and squeezed to drain)
- 1/4 cup Feta (crumbled)
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2+ cup Flour
- 1 Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Avocado, (stoned, peeled, diced)
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 tbsp. Basil Pesto
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Basil Leaves
- Use your hands to squeeze excess moisture from the spinach.
- Whisk the buttermilk, egg and butter in a jug.
- Stir in the spinach and feta. Season with pepper.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour whisk until just combined.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the pan
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden underneath.
- Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil
- Combine the pesto and oil in a small bowl.
- Mix together onion tomato and avocado slices mix coat with olive oil, lemon juice and salt.