Chemmeen/Prawns cutlet is a delicious recipe serves as snack in Kerala. It is very easy to make and very tasty. It can be prepared by grinding coconut and other ingredients into smooth paste, then add it to prawns and just crush together without making it in to paste and form a patties then shallow fry it, to produce spiced golden, fried patties… Yes it is as simple as it sounds.
Prawns Cutlet Recipe
- 1 cup Prawns
- ¼ cup Coconut Grated
- 5 Small Onion/Shallots
- 1 tsp. Ginger Chopped
- Few Curry Leaves
- 3 Green Chillies
- A Pinch of Ground Pepper
- A Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Salt, to taste
- Remove the shell and devein the prawns.
- Clean the prawn with water.
- Grind coconut, onion, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves in a grinder till well blended.
- Now add prawns, turmeric powder and pepper and just crush everything together, do not make it to paste.
- Take a small portion from the mixture on a wet palm, make small gooseberry sized balls and press it sown to give the shape.
- Shallow fry in hot oil till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.