The halloumi cheese is a white cheese, which is often used in cooking, grilling and can be fried until brown without melting. It is fantastic as barbecued added to salads or served with vegetables.
Mushrooms are lean proteins since they have no cholesterol or fat and are very low carbohydrates so it’s good for those who are on a diet.
Halloumi and mushroom skewers is a fuss free recipe which is ideal in barbecue or as a starter.The halloumi and mushrooms are a good compo and gives this dish a fantastic texture when barbecued, and being marinated in olive oil, lime, garlic, pepper and coriander, these are delicious and part of simple vegetarian dinner.
Halloumi and Mushroom Skewers Recipe
- 250 grams Halloumi Cheese Cubed
- 12 Mushrooms Whole
- 1 Cup Pepper, (Red, Green and Yellow as Required) (diced into cubes)
- 1 Onion (diced into cubes)
- 1 Tomato (diced into cubes)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Coriander (chopped)
- 1 Lime Juice
- 3 Garlic Clove
- Salt as Required
- Black pepper as Required
- Prepare marinade by mixing olive oil, lime, garlic, pepper and coriander in a bowl.
- Toss halloumi cheese, mushroom and vegetables in ½ of the marinade coat well and keep it a side for some time.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using.
- Thread halloumi cheese, mushroom and vegetables onto skewers.
- Preheat the grill, place skewers onto the grill.
- Turn once it starts to char around the edges.
- Remove from the grill once it is done from all sides.
- Spread the leftover marinade on the serving dish.
- Serve the halloumi cheese and mushroom skewers on top of the marinade and serve.