The French refer to the tomato as pomme d’amour, meaning “love apple,” and in Italy, tomato is referred to as “pomodoro” or “golden apple”. Whatever the name is tomatoes is a treasure of riches when it comes to their antioxidant.
A simple, homemade tomato soup made with fresh tomatoes. It’s a perfect treat and a comfort food, which is easy to make. With simple combination of ingredients tomatoes and potatoes, then simmer and blend that’s it…..Those fried garlic adds an extra level of flavor!
Tomato Potato Soup Recipe
- ½ kg Tomatoes, Fresh, Fleshy and Ripe
- 2 1 inch Cinnamon sticks
- 6 Cloves
- 2 Dessert Spoon Butter(4 tsp. Butter)
- ¼ cup Onion Finely Chopped
- ½ cup Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 6 cloves of garlic.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as required
- Heat a pan add butter and chopped onion, cook till translucent.
- Add mashed potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, cinnamon and cloves, cook till tomatoes are mushy
- Now add 2 cups of water and let it simmer.
- Remove from fire and strain.
- Heat pan and add 1 tsp. butter in it.
- Add chopped garlic and fry.
- Add strained soup in to it and mix, adjust salt as per taste.
- Serve hot with pepper, fried bread etc.