Its Christmas time and I haven’t added any Christmas recipes. I’m writing all vegetarian dishes. Every year we keep 25 days of lent before Christmas, so writing more vegetarian recipes.
Lemon rice is such a recipe, which is simple to make yet very tasty. We can accompany lemon rice with any simple stir fry vegetable or pickle and pappad, to make a simple dinner or lunch.
Lemon Rice Recipe
- 2 cup White Rice
- 2 tsp. Ghee/Clarified Butter
- Salt to taste
- A Pinch of Sugar
- 1-2 Numbers Lemon
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 2 tbsp. Chana Dal
- 1 ½ tsp. Urad Dal
- 2 tbsp. Peanuts
- ½ tsp. Asafetida
- 4 Dry Red Chilli
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Green Chilli
- Curry Leaves
- Cook the rice till it is well cooked any white rice can be used like basmati rice, jeera rice etc. Left over rice can be well utilized by this recipe, and give it a fresh taste.
- Mix salt and ghee to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Squeeze lemon and mix it with the rice.
- Add sugar to adjust the taste. And keep rice mixture aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add urad dal, chana dal and peanuts and fry till it becomes light brown and crisp.
- Keep the heat low so that lentils will not burn.
- Add dry red chilli, green chilli and curry leaves and cook for few more minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and asafetida and give a stir.
- Add the oil mixture over the cooked rice. While the oil is still hot. Mix well
- This rice can be served hot or cold.
- It is better not to reheat lemon rice. Reheating can make lemon rice bitter.
Other Rice Recipe :-