My son’s Birthday cake…………. It’s a simple chocolate cake, layered and covered with chocolate. Everyone has a go to chocolate cake recipe, this is mine. It is an easy to make cake, with flour, butter and sugar in a ratio of 1:1:1.
Children’s Party Cake Recipe
- 200 grams Refined Flour
- ¼ cup Coco Powder un Sweetened
- 200 grams Butter
- 200 grams Powdered Sugar
- 3 Eggs Medium Size
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 100 grams. Dark Chocolate
- 100 grams Butter Melted
- 200 ml Fresh Cream
- Chocolate wafer / biscuits as required
- Colorful candies for decoration
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Line a round cake tin.
- Heat 1 cup of water and dissolve cocoa powder in it and keep it aside.
- Cream butter and icing sugar in a bowl with an electric beater till fluffy.
- Add dissolved cocoa powder and beat again.
- Add eggs one by one and beat again.
- Swift flour and baking powder together and fold it in to the mixture till it is well blended.
- Pour the prepared batter in the lined cake tin, spreads evenly and tap the tin.
- Place the tin the preheated oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or till done completely.
- To make frosting, melt chocolate in a bowl.
- Add melted butter and cream and mix well.
- Refrigerate till set.
- When the cake is done, remove from oven, cool and demold.
- Discard the top of the cake and slice the cake horizontally into halves.
- Spread a portion of frosting evenly on the base slice, and cover with the upper slice.
- Spread some more portion of frosting evenly on top with the help of a palatte knife and line the sides as well with the frosting.
- Clean the palate knife by dipping in warm water and even out the top and sides with the clean knife.
- Decorate the chocolate cake with wafer straws and biscuits by place them vertically all along the side of the cake.
- Sprinkle lots of colorful candies, chocolate sprinklers etc. on top and decorate.