This year I had to make two birthday cake for one birthday. One for kid’s party, my so had invited his friends. Another for family to get together to celebrate and wish him, his B’Day. Both cakes where chocolate cake. this cake is special to me because my son helped me to decorate the cake. It was his idea to arrange Oreo on the cake.
This Chocolate Cake is seriously the best chocolate cake I have ever made. I absolutely love it. So moist and chocolaty! The cake mixture is quite thin, so it’s important to use sandwich tins rather than spring form tins, which could leak.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Coffee Warm
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 200g Plain Chocolate
- 200ml Double Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease and line two 8in sandwich tins.
- For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- The cake mixture will be in liquid consistency.
- Divide the cake batter between the sandwich tins and bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow the cake to cool completely, still in their tins, before icing.
- For the chocolate icing, heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat until the chocolate melts.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk the mixture until smooth, glossy and thickened.
- Set aside to cool for 12 hours, or until thick enough to spread over the cake.
- To assemble the cake, carefully remove the cakes from the tins.
- Spread a little chocolate icing over the top of one of the chocolate cakes, then carefully top with the other cake.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate and ice the cake all over with the chocolate icing, using a palette knife.
- Decorate the cake and serve.