“HAPPY NEW YEAR”
A new year often brings with it the desire to make improvements in life,kick old habits to the curb in the pursuit of healthiness. But most people, like me, resolutions fail within the first few months because goals are too ambitious intimidating or unrealistic in nature. I have desired to take small steps, by starting with small changes. What about you?….
Now it time for todays recipe, at times we need a skip from everyday breakfast, especially for my son who has come home for vacation. So I made this Special Breakfast. This is an easy to make breakfast plate. With this fried eggs, crisp bacon, fried potatoes, and mushrooms, creating the perfect breakfast plate for a beautiful morning.
Special Breakfast Recipe
With this fried eggs, crisp bacon, fried potatoes, and mushrooms
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 1 Onion, Cut Round
- 2 Tomato, Cut Round
- 2 Potatoes Cut into Cubes
- Salt to Taste
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 4 eggs
- Bread as Required
- Heat a pan and add the bacon in to it, cook for 2 minutes, from both sides till brown and crisp.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Add the potatoes to the same pan and spread out in a single layer if possible. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes, carefully stirring and turning the potatoes occasionally until lightly browned.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet and add the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, until the mushrooms are lightly browned and tender.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in another large nonstick skillet.
- Add the eggs and lightly season with salt and the remaining pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium to medium-low heat for 3 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks are soft.
- Fry the onion and tomato slices from both sides.
- Arrange in a serving plate and serve hot.