Not sure where to start when it comes to living up the menu for the next dinner party. I am always in search of new ideas and menu to wow friend and family. We learn from errors but there is no time to make errors when it has to be served to guests. It is better to keep it simple; just cook those things which you think you can nail down.
Over the years of cooking at home, I must tell you. Seeing the smile on your guests face after a great meal is really awesome.
A cupcake is a miniature format of a cake which comes in different sizes and shapes made with flour, sugar, butter/oil, egg or no egg….. whatever it is… however it is… I love them. I love cupcake more than cakes… Hmm… or is it other way around???
Any ways here is a simple cupcake recipe…
Simple Vanilla CupCake Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour/Cake Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 6 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
- A pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a 6 cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, blend well.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Spoon in the flour mixture alternating with milk.
- Mix until smooth batter is ready.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan set over a wire rack.
- When cooled completely, decorate with any frosting and serve.