Every now and then I spend some time and thought on a salad and try to come up with something exciting. Salad should have flavors which would excite me, but I sometimes struggle to come up with new and interesting ideas. Often my salads are literally anything I can get my hands on, that is leftover in the fridge, which means they can be just a mix match of flavors.
I love a salad that is really simple and the hero is the dressing. This is a yummy salad with a simple combination of fresh broccoli and almonds. It’s like Christmas in your mouth!
The problem with broccoli is its taste when it its raw. The solution for this is to blanch the broccoli for 1 minute, or so. The broccoli will stay firm enough for the salad, the color will be brighter, because of the blanching. I am some time add a pinch of turmeric in to the boiling water then the greens are more greener….
Broccoli and Almond Salad Recipe
- 1 Broccoli Fresh
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, honey, and lemon juice.
- Keep the dressing aside.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces
- Cut onion into thin bite-size slices.
- Blanch almonds and peel the skin.
- Toss the almonds in a hot pan.
- Boil water in a pan add salt to it.
- Drop broccoli into the boiling water. Cook for some time.
- Strain and then drop it in to the cold water, strain it.
- Add broccoli and onion in to a bowl.
- Pour the dressing mixture over it.
- Toss everything together to coat.
- Stir in almonds just before serving.