It’s winter here in UAE, and the weather is perfect for having barbecues. I mean from November it is gorgeous weather here, balmy evenings and it’s nice to have plenty of outdoor fun. It’s time to dusting off the barbecue kit and head off to parks and have fun with family and friends.
These BBQ chicken thighs are so tender and flavorful. It can be prepared ahead of time and just toss them on the grill when you are ready. This makes it perfect for parties. Chicken has to be marinated at least 6 hours, it is best if it is marinated overnight. This is an easy, excellent recipe!
Barbecued Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 1kg Chicken Thighs
- Salt Adjust to taste
- 1 tsp. Pepper Adjust to taste
- 1 ½ tsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp. Chilli Powder (Kashmiri)
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, thickly sliced
- Mix in a bowl mayonnaise, ginger and garlic paste, pepper powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Rub the marinade on to both sides of chicken thighs.
- Turn the chicken to coat evenly with marinade.
- Add thick-sliced onion and toss everything together.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or a lid and marinate 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill and generously brush grill plates with oil.
- Reduce heat to low and place chicken thighs with a smooth side up.
- Cover the grill and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Flip thighs over; brush the chicken with the marinade then cover and cook for another 12-15 minutes.
- Check for doneness by cutting the thicker part of the chicken.
- If juices run clear then it’s done.
- Flip the chicken again, coat it with BBQ sauce and remove from the grill.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.