Health is a matter of concern for all of us. We want to be healthy and be able to live healthy life. I once visited a dietitian in 2013. She gave me a combination of food chart with 2 or 3 options. Like 2 options for breakfast, 3 options each for lunch and dinner, then in between snacks options which I had to follow. How many days one can survive on such a chart? I can’t….
I was actually eating according to the rules and guidelines given by my dietitian without really pausing to notice how I actually feel when I was eating that way. “Eat food that makes you feel good”.
So I started my research on healthy food, which should be tasty and most importantly which fit to my palate. Why should I “consume” blanched vegetables in the name of healthy salads? When a simple dressing on it can give it a much needed exiting twist to it…
French bean and chickpeas salad it’s a beautiful salad with a honey and mustard dressing. There are few other ingredients like lettuces, sweet corn and onions in this salad. I used the red onions, which I peeled and sliced then mixed in lemon juice and kept it for some time.
French Beans Chickpeas Salad Recipe
- ½ kg French Beans Fresh
- ½ cup Chickpeas Canned
- ¼ cup Corn Sweet Canned
- 1 Onion Sliced
- Few lettuces to layer
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp. chilli Flakes
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Mix lemon juice with sliced onion and kept it aside for some time.
- In a double boiler-steamer place the green beans and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Run cold water over them when they are tender so that they don’t keep cooking.
- Drain chickpeas and corn and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add beans, chickpeas and corn.
- Drain the sliced onion from lemon juice and add it with vegetables.
- In another bowl mix lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, chilli flakes and salt and mix well to combine.
- Add the dressing with green beans and vegetable, mix through.
- Serve layering lettuces.