A fajita commonly is any grilled meat served with a flour or corn tortilla, accompanied with shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheese, and tomato. It is so easy to make as a salad. This salad can be served with a tortilla of choice, cheese and sour cream.
Chicken is marinated and kept for some time so that the marinade penetrates in to the chicken. Then it is seared on a griddle or grill pan until golden, crispy and cooked through. Cooked chicken is sliced and mixed with the sliced and grilled vegetables and lettuces. Drizzle half of the same marinade as salad dressing. I did not add paprika powder in salad dressing, only used to marinate the chicken, to give it a smokey flavor and colour.
Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
- 2 Chicken Breast Fillet Cleaned Dried
- ½ Green Pepper, Deseeded Sliced
- ½ Red Pepper, Deseeded, Sliced
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 1 Lettuce Leaves Separated, Washed, Dried
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 2 tbsp. Coriander/Cilantro Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Grated
- 1 tsp. Drown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Paprika Powder(optional)
- 1 tsp. Red Chilli Flakes (according to tolerance)
- ½ tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp. salt (as required)
- Whisk marinade together olive oil, lime juice, coriander chopped, garlic, sugar, paprika, chilli flakes, cumin and salt, Check taste and adjust.
- Take chicken fillets in another bowl; pour half the marinade cover and keep it aside.
- Let it marinate for two hours or so.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, cover it and set aside.
- Fry pepper and onion strips on the grill.
- Slice chicken into strips
- Mix together lettuces, avocado slices, peppers, onion strips and chicken.
- Drizzle the reserved dressing and toss everything together and serve.