While we were on vacation in Italy, before last year we tried some really amazing pizza! Nice thin crusted pizza and that was nice and light and it had an almost flakey texture to it.
A light, crisp, flavorful pizza crust will provide the perfect base for whatever topping you add. I love pizza. I can eat any type of pizza you put in front of me; I’m partial to thin crust – the crisper, the better. This is for all pizza lovers….
Pizza Dough Recipe
- ½ cup Lukewarm Water (as required)
- ½ tsp. Yeast
- ½ tsp. Sugar
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Salt
For the Toppings:
- ½ cup Marinara Sauce
- 3 cups Cheese Mozzarella
- Parmesan Cheese Optional
- Vegetables as required (Onion, Bell Pepper (Red, Green)
- 1 Chicken Breast (Cooked cubed/sliced)
- Add the yeast to the water, stir in the sugar.
- Set aside for few minutes, allow the yeast to dissolve.
- In a large bowl sift the all-purpose flour with salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the water-yeast mixture.
- Use your fingers or a wooden spoon to combine everything together.
- When it comes together into a cohesive ball, turn it out onto the counter.
- Add extra flour to avoid sticking on to the work place.
- Knead the dough until the dough is smooth/elastic to the touch.
- The dough should still feel moist.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover and let it rise for 24 hours.
- Roll the dough out very thinly on a lightly floured surface.
- Poke the dough with a fork all over.
- Place the dough on a pan and bake in a preheated 260C oven until it just starts to turn golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Pull the pizza out of the oven and top with the toppings.
- Bake in the 260C oven until the edges are golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.