Oven Fried Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are fabulous as a snack or as a starter. It can be deep fried shallow/ pan fried or even baked. As Valentine’s Day is nearing, I thought of making this fast and simple oven fried chicken wings which are juicy and tasty wings with a crispy flakey crust.
These chicken wings are coated with bread crumb, which is flavored with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper powder and so on.
I have mentioned baking here, this can be fried also.
Oven Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 kg Chicken Wings, tips discarded
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. White Pepper Powder
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ½ tsp. salt
- Cooking spray/Oil as Required
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Grease the sheet generously with cooking spray/Oil.
- Wash and clean the chicken wings well.
- Separate the wings from joint remove and discard the tip.
- Beat egg in a bowl add chilli powder, chilli flakes, salt, and lime juice in to it, mix well.
- Add chicken in to the egg mixture, mix to coat well.
- Refrigerate it for an hour.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder and white pepper in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken wings in to the bread crumb mixture one by one.
- Press into the mixture until well-coated.
- Arrange wings on prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
- Flip chicken wings and continue baking until evenly browned and no longer pink in the center.