Fish molly is a very easy to make recipe which can be put together in less than 30 minutes. It is a mildly spiced fish curry prepared in thick coconut milk. Fish molee is usually served along with Aappam.
Fish Molee Recipe
- 8 slices Fish (Pearl Spot/King Fish/Pomfret)
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- Salt as Required
- 3 Cloves
- 1” Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Onions Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Ginger Thinly Sliced
- 6 Green Chillies slit
- 1 Tomato sliced in rounds
- 1 cup. Thin Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper ground
- Salt – as required
- 2 springs Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Vinegar (Optional)
- Clean the fish and marinate it with turmeric and salt for 1/2 hour.
- Pan fry the fish till it is half done and slightly brown from both sides and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan keep it at a medium heat, add slightly crushed whole spices.
- Add onions, ginger and chillies, cook until onion turns transparent.
- Now add the thin coconut milk, sliced tomatoes, few curry leaves.
- Adjust the salt and bring it to a boil.
- Now lower the heat and add the shallow fried fish pieces.
- Swirl the pan gently to mix the fish pieces with the gravy.
- Cover and cook until the fish pieces are done.
- Now add the thick coconut milk, pepper and a few curry leaves.
- Mix well and serve hot with bread or appams.
- Add 1 tsp. vinegar if sourness is less.