These blueberry pancakes are so tasty and is beat ever weekend breakfast known to me… These pancakes are soo delicious that it can be made with any fruits like raspberries, diced strawberries, sliced ripe bananas, cinnamon, and also by own it’s on…
While making pancakes from scratch there are a couple of things to know. That is, after whipping up the batter allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes so the baking powder can be activated and give the pancakes a more fluffy texture. Also, you can fry pancakes in butter or vegetable oil but my preference is a mixture of both.
Sprinkle the berries over the batter in the amount that suits you and your family. These pancakes are bursting with juicy blueberries. They are sweet enough to enjoy as it is. But still what are pancakes without maple syrup?
Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tbsp. Butter (extra for pan)
- Blueberries as Required
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl beat egg.
- Mix yogurt and water together and add this to egg and beat.
- Melted butter and add to egg mixture and beat.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and then pour in the egg mixture.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon mix just until combined.
- Do not over mix the batter or the pancakes will be tough.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Lightly brush the pan with melted butter or oil.
- Using a small ladle or scoop, pour pancake batter onto the hot pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the uncooked tops of the pancakes with blueberries.
- When the bottoms of the pancakes are golden brown and bubbles start to appear turn over.
- Cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.