Chicken Handi Recipe
- 500 grams Chicken (boneless)
- 2 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 2 tsp. Ginger Finely Chopped
- 2 tsp. Garlic Finely Chopped
- 3 Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 tbsp. Coriander Chopped
- 1 tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp. Whole Coriander Seeds Crushed
- ½ tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp. Ghee
- 1 tsp. Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 tbsp. Ginger Julienne cut
- 4 Green Chillies Split
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Cream
- Salt as Required
- Clean and chicken in to cubes.
- Heat a pan add oil.
- Add sliced onions fry until golden brown remove and keep it aside.
- In to the same pan add chopped ginger and garlic, saute for 1 minute.
- Now add cumin powder, crushed coriander seeds, red chilli powder and turmeric powder mixed in 2 tbsp. water (to avoid masala getting burned)
- Add in chopped tomatoes and salt, mix well, cover and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Once tomatoes are cooked well oil starts to separate switch off the heat and keep the mixture a side.
- Keep handi or a deep pan on heat and add 2 tbsp ghee to this.
- Add chicken pieces to the pan/handi with yogurt, fried fenugreek leaves, prepared masala and fried onion.
- Mix well and cook until chicken is completely done and grave thickens.
- Add cream and mix well to combine.
- Garnish with ginger and coriander mixing well.