Irumban Puli Achaar
In Kerala, we have Irumban Puli in the backyard of our house; the fruits are eaten just like that, raw or dipped in rock salt. It is very tasty it is curried or used for making pickles. This is added to make that very tasty yellow fish curry, especially with Sardine, Prawns etc. Irumban puli is used to make squash, jam etc.
Irumban puli pickle is very tasty and delicious and easy to make!!
Irumban Puli Achaar Recipe
- 500 grams Irumban Puli (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seed
- 1 tsp. Fenugreek Seeds
- 3 tbsp. Sesame Oil/Any Oil
- 1 tbsp. Ginger (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 5 Green chillies
- 2 tsp. Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – a string
- Wash irumban puli and remove the stems. Cut it in lengthwise
- Take a bowl and add irumban puli and salt and mix well. Keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, let it crackle a bit.
- Then add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Now add ginger, garlic, chopped green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add red chilli powder and irumban puli. Mix well.
- Once it is done add vinegar and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Tasty irumban puli pickle is ready to serve with rice, kanji etc.