Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
For the meatballs:
- 500 grams Ground Beef
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Parsley Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper Ground
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Grated
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg Ground
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Vegetable Oil/Olive oil
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 8 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 500 grams Tomatoes Blanched and Peeled
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste (Optional)
- 1 tbsp. Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper Ground
- ½ tsp. Chilli Flakes
- Spaghetti, Cooked
- Freshly Grated Parmesan
- In a large bowl place the ground meat, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic, nutmeg, egg and salt.
- Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Very carefully, in batches, place the meatballs in the oil and brown them well on all.
- Don’t crowd the meatballs. Remove the meatballs to a plate covered with paper towels.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, Chilli sauce, basil, pepper, chilli flakes.
- Return the meatballs to the sauce, cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 25 to 30 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve hot on cooked spaghetti and grated Parmesan.