Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani
A Weekend lunch means a family lunch time, whole family will have lunch together. So after church I have to prepare a meal which is delectable and at the same time easy to put together. Mostly it’s typical south Indian thali like the rice, curry, fish/meat, vegetables etc.
But to make Biryani in such a short time is not possible. When you do not have time and have to prepare a beautiful meal.. then…
This Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani is so easy to make… the best part is you can make ahead of time. Prepare the chicken and marinate it the day before, soak the rice for an hour, the layer the marinated chicken and rice in the cooker. While the cooker does its magic, same time raita, chutney, papad everything is ready…
- 3 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 2 Mace
- 10 Pepper corn
- 1 tsp. Shahi Jeera
- 6 Cardamom
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Star Anise
- 3 Bay Leaf
- 1 kg Chicken
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp. Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp. Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric
- Salt – to Taste
- 1 bunch Coriander Chopped
- 1 bunch Mint Chopped
- 10 Green Chilly
- ½ cup Oil
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 2 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 6 Cloves
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tbsp. Rose Water(Optional)
- 1 tsp. Kewra Water(Optional)
- Fry the sliced onions till golden brown drain it and keep it aside.
- Grind 2 mace, 10 pepper corn ,1 tsp shahi jeera, 6 cardamom, 4 cloves, 1 cinnamon, 2 star anise and 3 bay leaf to powder.
- In a zip lock bag add yogurt, Yogurt, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, chopped coriander and mint, green chilli, fried onion(reserve some for garnish), prepared masala, lime juice, oil and salt to taste.
- Mix well, adjust taste then add the chicken pieces.
- Let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day soak rice for an hour or so, or as per the instruction.
- Heat water in a vessel and let it come to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp oil, salt, bay leaf, cardamom and cloves.
- Mix well adjust the salt, add basmati rice and cook until half done.
- Spread the chicken with the marinade in the cooker.
- Drain off the rice completely and add it to the pot or cooker.
- Pour 1 tbsp ghee over the rice.
- Now sprinkle rose water and kewra water if desired.
- Cover the pressure cooker with a lid. Turn on the flame and allow it to whistle once.
- Let the pressure go down. Fluff up the rice with a fork.
- Serve chicken biryani with raita, chutney, papad, pickle etc…