A tasty chicken dish with lashings of salty sweet teriyaki flavor, yes that is the recipe which I am sharing today. The Teriyaki Chicken.
Tha classic teriyaki sauce is made with soy sauce and mirin (which is a sweet rice wine). I have omitted the mirin in my recipe if you want you can add that too. Teriyaki Chicken is an easy to make low fat recipe when combined with rice or even with a salad makes the perfect dinner/meal.
Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 800 grams. Chicken (I used leg pieces)
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 Clove Garlic Grated
- 1 tsp. Ginger Grated
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan, add the soy sauce, 1/4 cup of water, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic, and simmer until the brown sugar dissolves.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 1 tbsp. water and cornstarch and add it to the simmering sauce.
- Allow it to thicken, turn the heat off and let it come to room temperature.
- Add honey and hot pepper flakes mix the sauce well and set aside.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the prepared sauce.
- Spread the pieces on the baking pan.
- Pop the pan in the oven to bake for about 45 minutes to an hour or until they develop some deep color and cook all the way through.
- Make sure to flip the wings a couple of times throughout the baking process
- Using a brush coat the pieces with the marinade every in between.
- Remove it to a serving platter.
- Scatter some sesame seeds and green onions and serve!