The base for this simple curry soup is onion and lentils. Lentils add plenty of plant-based protein and fiber. I have added fried Kuboos or Arabic bread it will add some extra crunch to the soup.
This homemade soup is hearty, satisfying and simple to make. It’s is great for supper or to pack for lunch.
Lentil Soup Recipe
- 400 grams Lentils
- 2 Onions Finely Chopped
- 4 litters Water
- 2 tsp. Sat
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp. Coriander Powder
- Pinch of Cardamom Powder
- Lemon Slices
- Wash lentils thoroughly and drain.
- In a pot, saute onions until golden brown.
- Add lentils, water, salt, pepper, cumin powder, coriander and cardamom and bring to a boil and cook till lentils tender.
- Puree ingredients with a hand blender until the soup has a smooth texture and leave to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes
- Serve with a slice of lemon on the side.
- Can garnish with melted butter and fried Kuboos or bread croutons.