Farfalle with Shrimp And Basil Pesto
This recipe is for one of my favorite pasta dishes ever, Pesto Pasta. My husband often request for this pasta. It’s quick and easy to put together in no time. Make your own fresh basil pesto or buy bottled. Once the pesto is made its easy to put together, Pesto Pasta in no time.
It is good as it is or with shrimps/prawns, chicken, broccoli etc. If you ask my preference then it is like this: Basil Pesto mixed with any pasta and some tomatoes, that’s it. Pesto Pasta is perfect for any night of the week as I told you; it is easy, simple and beautiful.
Farfalle with shrimp recipe calls for a basic fresh basil pesto. Pesto is made by adding basil, Parmesan, pine nuts and garlic in food processor, and then slowly pouring the olive oil, while blending all ingredients together.
Pesto can be prepared ahead in a big batch and kept in an airtight bottle. This can be used in many differed recipes and also in salad.
Farfalle with Shrimp And Basil Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 2 tbsp. Garlic, Minced
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts
- Salt as Required
- 2 cups Farfalle (bowtie) Pasta (uncooked)
- 250 grams Shrimp (Cooked, Medium Size)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Crushed Pepper as Required
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- In a food processor add Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, garlic, salt, and pine nuts.
- Slowly pour the olive oil while blending all ingredients together.
- Set aside. (extra pesto can be kept for later use)
- Cook pasta according to package direction, drain. Cover to keep it aside.
- Heat a pan medium heat with little olive oil. Add shrimp, the grated garlic and pepper.
- Cook until cooked through.
- Stir in half of the pesto.
- Add in tomatoes, cook till soften.
- Stir pasta in to the pesto mixture. Mix well so that pasta is coated well with pesto.
- Serve it hot. Topped with some cheese and fresh basil.