I am a HUGE fan of chocolate, especially chocolate cake. I always have some kind of chocolate around the house. I need something sweet after a meal (which is pretty much always).
When I decided to make a fondant cake thought of using a chocolate cake. A dense, moist chocolate cake; what else is needed to mark a perfect occasion?
Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- ¾ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ tbsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1 ¾ cup Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Milk
- 250 grams Milk Chocolate Chopped
- ¾ cup Cream
- Preheated the oven up to 170 C.
- Grease pans with butter and dust with flour and, set aside. (I used 2, 6inch pans)
- In bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer beat butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time continue beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence and beat again.
- Now add dry ingredients, alternate with milk, beat until combined well.
- Divide the batter among prepared pan and bake for around 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Prepare Chocolate Ganache
- In bowl, add milk chocolate and hot cream leave it for 4-5 minutes and gently mix.
- When cake is cool, apply chocolate ganache.