Baked Salmon in Chilli Sauce
We absolutely love salmon recipes because it is easy to put together. Salmon is very delicious so it is universally loved fish; it has a good amount of protein so it is quite good for you, and super easy to prepare.
I think I am quite obsessed with this “supper easy” thing. Anyways, this recipe is so simple and yet so elegant. Salmon fillets can quickly be marinated in the sauce, which is a mixture of chilli sauce and lemon juice. I have added some extra chilli flakes in the sauce and also in garnish.
That’s all to do, marinate and bake. The sauce is slightly spicy and yet pretty simple. I like to serve it with white or brown rice and some green vegetables. Enjoy!
Baked Salmon in Chilli Sauce Recipe
- 4 medium size Salmon Fillets, skin on or off
- 2 tsp. Chili Sauce/Chilli Paste
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp. Green onions, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- In a baking dish, lay down salmon fillets in a row.
- Mix chilli paste/chilli sauce, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Sprinkle each fillet with a pinch of salt and top it with the prepared sauce.
- Brush or rub to coat fish with half of the sauce evenly on top, bottom and sides.
- Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight is the best.
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Arrange salmon in a baking dish lined with baking paper with skin side down.
- Coat with remaining marinade from the dish.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve hot garnished with green onions, extra sauce (if desired) with brown rice and salad.