Honey Glazed Roasted Chicken
Honey Glazed Roasted Chicken is a super juicy and flavorful chicken. It is coated with honey, rosemary, thyme, paprika and garlic for extra flavor and aroma. It’s a great option for those who want a lighter or simple menu as a weekend/holiday meal!
Roast chicken is so comforting, and a whole roast chicken can be an impressive addition to the holiday table. I know it’s too late post my Easter menu now but still better late than never. I wanted to create a simple roast chicken with the essence of herbs and honey– not overly sweet, but full of flavor. I had added little extra heat to this a teaspoon of red pepper flakes hit upon the perfect balance of flavors. As we prefer spicy food. So here it is my Honey Glazed Roasted Chicken Recipe.
Honey Glazed Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1 Whole Chicken Cleaned
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 2 Springs Thyme
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 6 Baby Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil(for vegetables)
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup water or as Required
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. Flour
- 3 tbsp. Small Onions/Silver Skin
- Mix together the honey, olive oil, cinnamon, paprika and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add roughly chopped rosemary, thyme and garlic to it and mix.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken.
- Leave the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut Beetroot, fennel, potatoes, and carrots and place it in the roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Place the whole marinated chicken on the bed of vegetables.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil after 25 minutes and add 1 cup of water and roast the chicken for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven drain all the cooking liquid in to a pan.
- Place the cooking liquid over love flame, add butter and flour and mix vigorously until sauce thickens.
- Add onions and season with salt and pepper as required.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with the sauce.