Ferrari Birthday Cake
Birthday cakes for a teenager can be really tough. Especially for boys… I don’t know about but for me… YES its… it is really tough… I was over stressed… Planning… Designing… I spend a lot of time. When it came to reality… WOW!!!!
I wanted him to feel special; he is studying far in hostel. He should not feel alone. He is my special child… My fist child…
So made this Ferrari birthday cake to make his birthday extra special. It took 3 to 4 days hard work. The end result is before you… My son liked it so much.. Hopefully you too will like it..
Ferrari Birthday Cake Recipe
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- ¾ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ tbsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1 ¾ cup Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Milk
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 5 tbsp. Softened Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup Dark Coco Powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. Instant Coffee
- Pinch of Salt
- ¾ cup Cream (Half and Half)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 250 grams Milk Chocolate Chopped
- ¾ cup Cream
Fondant for Decorating the Cake
- Preheated the oven up to 170 C.
- Grease pans with butter and dust with flour and, set aside.
- In bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer beat butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time continue beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence and beat again.
- Now add dry ingredients, alternate with milk, beat until combined well.
- Divide the batter among prepared pan and bake for around 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Melt butter in a saucepan
- Add coco powder and sugar to the melted butter
- Add Coffee keep staring till sugar dissolves completely
- Now add the cream slowly, slowly..
- Remove from the fire mix vanilla in.
- Cover and keep it aside so that it cools down completely.
- Once it is completely cooled beat slowly it with a beater.
- In bowl, add milk chocolate and hot cream leave it for 4-5 minutes and gently mix.
- When cake is cool, apply chocolate ganache.
Assemble and Layer the Cake
- Level the cake layers then place one layer on a cake plate or cake stand.
- Spread the chocolate fudge frosting evenly.
- Add the second cake layer, positioning it upside down so that the top of the cake is flat.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with a light coating of ganache.
- Place the cake into the refrigerator.
- Once the first layer hardens coat the cake with another good layer of ganache
- Using a spatula make all sides even.
- Roll out the red fondant and cover the cake with it, leave it for drying.
- Decorate the cake as per preference…