This is a spicy and aromatic; it has a slight pungent taste too. I feel is a well-balanced recipe which goes well with rice. I prefer grilled fish with some simple vegetable salad. It’s my perfect dinner. Instead of using the foil I will recommend to use banana leaf, it will be tastier and more aromatic….
Grilled Fish Recipe
- 4 Whole Fish (Medium Size)
- 10 Red Chili (seeded and cut into small pieces)
- 10 Shallots
- 1 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp. Tomato Paste
- ½ Lime (extract juice)
- 1 tsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- ¼ tsp. Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Prepare the masala by grinding chilies, shallots, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, tomato paste, lime juice and salt.
- Make sure the masala is well blended well to smooth paste.
- Heat up a pan with little oil and stir-fry the masala paste until aromatic or when the oil separates.
- Mix in the tamarind.
- Dish out the masala and set aside to cool.
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil on top and spread the oil evenly.
- Lay the fish and add spread the prepared masala on all sides of the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cook until the fish is done completely.
- Dish out and serve immediately.