Bottle Ground Moong Dal Curry
Churakka/Bottle gourd is a common vegetable in India. There is a variety of dishes prepared using bottle ground. Bottle gourd is a vegetable which can be added to other vegetables to make a variety of dishes. This recipe is one commonly prepared at home.
Lauki/Churakka has lots of health benefits. It is low in fat and cholesterol and is rich in fibre , it is easy to digest and is effective against constipation. Women suffering from reproductive issues such as PMS, PCOS, water retention, thyroid and Infertility can also take this vegetable and the flower of the plant. Again best taken during lunch.
- 1 Bottle Gourd Peeled and Chopped
- ½ cup Moong Dal
- ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds
- ½ cup Coconut Grated
- 2 Garlic
- 3 Shallots chopped
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 2 Green Chillies
- Curry Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Cook moong dal in a Pressure cooker with turmeric powder and salt till soft.
- Add bottle gourd into the cooker and cook till it is soft.
- Take coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds in a blender.
- Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add ground coconut paste and let it boil once.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds.
- Once mustard starts to splutter add chopped shallots, garlic and curry leaves, saute.
- Add chilli powder when onion turns slightly brown.
- Add this tadka/ tempering to the bottle gourd and dal mixture.
- Serve with rice…