Despicable Me Minions Cupcakes
Despicable Me Cupcakes – These cupcakes are so cute! PICK ME UP!!! PICK ME UP!!!.
Fortunately I had some fondant left from the Ferrari cake. White, Black Yellow and even red.. But here is no role for my red fondant. Soon I will come up with trolled out some other project to use them. I need some grey!! So I mixed some white and black to get that grey.
Now the fun part… I took some white fondant and rolled it out. Using a small round lid I cut some circles for the white part of the eyes. I laid them all out on greaseproof paper.
Then cut out some rings using grey fondant. This time I used slightly bigger one than before to cut out the outer circle and used the same (I used to cut white) to cut the inner circle.
I brushed each white circle with a little water, then carefully lifted the grey rings and placed them over the white circles to make the eyes. I left it dry and started covering the cupcakes with the yellow fondant.
I made up a small batch of butter cream and spread it over the top of each cupcake. Then topped each cup cake with a circle of yellow fondant, which I had cut out with a circle cutter that matched the size of the cakes.
You can see the finished ones here… Aren’t they cute and adorable!!!
Vanilla Cup Cake Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Place room temperature butter into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar along with butter and vanilla essence to the mixing bowl.
- Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating in between to make sure they are well incorporated.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, and salt together
- Incorporate the flour mixture with creamed butter and sugar.
- Pour in the milk and add the sour cream.
- Mix well until there are no longer any clumps of flour.
- Spoon it in to cupcake mold which are pre-lined with cupcake liner.
- Place into 180 degree C oven for 20 minutes or until the cupcakes spring back when pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack before icing.
- 1 Cup Butter
- 3 Cups Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- Add room temperature butter in to a mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter for 5 minutes until it has become light and airy
- Start adding the icing sugar half a cup at a time.
- Beat for a minute in between each addition.
- Add the milk to thin out the consistency of the icing, add it a teaspoon at a time.
- Now add the flavorings (vanilla) that you would like.