Prawns Butter Masala
Prawns Butter Masala is a preparation of prawns in a tomato and cream based gravy. Frying prawns in butter gives a beautiful flavor and aroma to the whole dish.
The cream and yoghurt adds a very rich taste to this gravy. When it is combined with the scrumptious buttery prawns gives you a finger licking combination.
I prefer Prawns Butter Masala to be served with rice, roti, nan etc. Check out my prawn cutlet. Enjoy!!
Prawns Butter Masala Recipe
- 500 grams Prawns
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt as Required
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5 Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 Onion
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp. Garam Masala Powder
- ½ cup Yoghurt
- ¼ cup Cream
- Salt: to taste
- Coriander for garnish
- Remove shell, devein and clean the prawns.
- Marinate the prawns with lemon juice and salt and keep it aside.
- After marinating for 30 minutes or so.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Keep heat to medium add prawns and fry for about 2-3 minutes or till they look a little whitish.
- Transfer it to a bowl cover and keep them aside.
- Add oil to the same pan.
- Over medium heat add onion, ginger and garlic.
- Saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well and stir fry for a minute and add tomato and mix well.
- Close lid and let cook for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from fire and let it come to room temperature.
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste.
- Return the gravy to the same pan and cook till the tomato gravy thicken.
- Add yoghurt and cream and mix well.
- Add the fried prawns and mix, cook for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander.