Chicken 65 is a popular dish of South India. Boneless or bone in chicken pieces are marinated in flavorful and spicy marinade and then deep fried. This is then added to a sauce, prepared with chilli sauce, green chilli, garlic, ginger and curry leaves makes the dish so special and divine.
Chicken 65 is a simple dish, great as a snack or as a starter. Here is the recipe of chicken 65. Enjoy the spicy and deep fried chicken delicacy.
Chicken 65 Recipe
- 500 grams Chicken, (cut into small bite size)
- 1 tsp. Ginger Garlic paste
- 3 tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- Salt- to taste
- ¼ tsp. Cumin Powder
- 3 tsp. Corn Flour
- 1 tsp. Rice Flour
- 1 Egg Beaten
- ½ tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Red food color Optional
- Oil as Required for deep Fry
- Few Curry Leaves
- 6 Green Chillies Sliced
- 1 tsp. Ginger Chopped
- 1 tsp. Garlic Chopped
- ½ tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp. Red Chilli Sauce
- In a freezer bag add chicken pieces, salt, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder.
- Mix well to coat the masala evenly on the pieces and fridge it for 1 or 2 hours.
- In a bowl beat together corn flour, rice flour and egg.
- Remove marinated chicken from fridge and add it to the corn flour mixture.
- Let the chicken pieces coat well in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Fry the chicken pieces till crisp. Do not over crowed, there should be space between the pieces.
- Remove them from oil and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsps. oil add mustard seeds and crackle.
- Now add fresh curry leaves and green chilies, chopped ginger and garlic, chilli sauce, salt and mix well.
- Add fried chicken cubes mix well to get coated with the sauce.
- Now our Chicken 65 ready to serve.