Light Up Our Lives in This Diwali
In UAE, Diwali has always been an occasion to rejoice, bringing in a sense of community and connection for those who have spent years away from their homeland. The festival itself holds many connotations – a time to look forward to future, a time to welcome in Lady of Luck, a time to renew connections with friends and family.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. So light up our lives in the Diwali. Indians in UAE, it is also a time like no other, and Diwali preparations and celebrations can go on for up to a month… The best part of Diwali for me is the variety of sweets and those spicy snacks my friends prepare. Like every year this year also I have invitations from my friends…
Indian sweets so luxurious and made rich ingredients such as nuts and spices…
Kaju Kesar Katli Recipe
- 4 cup Cashew Powder
- Few Saffron
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Ghee
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 2 cups Water
- Varakh/Silver paper for Decoration
- Heat a pan and add 2 cups of water and sugar stir until dissolved
- Add milk, remove the scum that rises to the surface with a ladle.
- On a medium heat cook till the syrup slightly hardens.
- Turn off the heat and add the cashew powder and mix well.
- Add Saffron and continue mixing.
- Empty out the mixture on to a flat surface and knead well with hands.
- Roll out the mixture to ½ centimeter thick.
- Decorate with silver paper and cut out in to diamond shape and serve..