Pop-Tarts are popular breakfast option which are fruit-filled pastries. They appeal to kids and adults and can be made in many flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 4-6 tbsp ice water
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut butter in using a pastry cutter or rub in using your fingertips.
- No pieces of butter larger than a small pea should remain; the butter should be rubbed in until mixture is sandy.
- Add in ice water gradually, mixing dough with a fork or spatula until it comes together in a rough ball.
- Knead gently with your hand and shape the dough into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- On a well-floured surface, roll the dough out into a rectangle. Cut 12 rectangles
- Place about 1 tablespoon of jam in the center of six of the rectangles of pastry, making sure that the jam does not spread to the edges of the dough.
- Brush a small amount of water (it is OK to use your fingertip) around the edges of each jam-filled rectangle and carefully place a piece of pastry without jam on top. Press the edges to seal and crimp with a fork.
- Transfer filled pastries to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow pastries to cool on a wire rack before serving.